Sunday, January 13, 2013

Whole Wheat Bread

 I love homemade bread!  So does the Mr. which is why he bought me a bosch for Christmas!  I love my bosch. I did this batch x5 and it was too large to rise in my bosch so I would do it x4  for a bosch and x2 for a kitchen aid.  First pour 1 1/8 cups warm water in your bowl then add 1 tbsp yeast I use the one below.  Then add 1/4 cup sugar. Make sure the yeast dissolves completely before adding the rest of the ingredients.  This will take about 10 minutes.
 Melt 1/3 cup margarine.
 Pour into bowl
 Add 1/2 tsp salt and 3 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
 Mix on 1 on the bosch or kitchen aid.
 Let rise for 30 minutes.  This is what my bread looked like :)  Crazy hunh?  Like I said I will only do a x4 next time.
 Grease pans and fill 1/2 way with dough and let rise until it doubles.
 I made 3 loaves of bread and 2 dozen hamburger buns.  For the hamburger buns shape them the size you want and let them rise.
 Bake at 350 for 20 minutes for the bread and for the buns.

Yum homemade bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment