Friday, January 11, 2013

Chicken Mandrin Orange Salad

Today for dinner I am making a quick, delicious, low calorie meal.  The ingredients you need are:

1-2 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp smoked applewood seasoning (opp)
4 cups spinach leaves (washed)
1 can mandrin orange segments
crunched almonds (opp)
1 ounce feta cheese (opp)
Salad dressing of your choice (I used raspberry & white balsamic from president's choice)



First spray your pan with pan if you are using a frying pan.  I like my chicken grilled but considering the nearly 2 feet of snow outside today I have no desire at all to BBQ.  So cook your chicken really anyway you  like.  I cut mine into strips but you could also cube it.
 Season it to taste.  I added onion powder, garlic powder (each about a tbsp) and a pinch of salt.  This time I tried a 1/2 tsp of my smoked applewood salmon seasoning.

Once it is cooked allow to cool for a few minutes while you prepare your salad.




Wash your spinach and put in a salad bowl as much spinach as you desire, then drain your orange segments and add the segments to your bowl.  Break up feta cheese if you are using it and add it as well. Mix in a 1/4 cup dressing.  Then put into individual bowls or plates and add chicken and almonds on top.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment