Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blueberry Bran Muffins

My husband and kids love muffins so I made some today!  These muffins are super easy and low calorie and most importantly, yummy.

First, spray your muffin tins with pam or another oil spray. This recipe will make 12 regular sized muffins or 24 mini-muffins which is what I am making today.  Preheat your oven to 375.

Dump 1 1/2 cups bran into your mixing bowl.  Then add 1 cup milk.  Allow these to sit for about 5 minutes for the bran to soften.

Then add 1/2 cup apple sauce, 1 egg and 2/3 cup brown sugar and mix on low for about a minute.

Then add your 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 cup flour ( I use whole wheat flour but either is good), 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt and blend.

After everything is mixed add 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes for mini muffins and 22 minutes for regular muffins

These muffins freeze so well.  My little munchkin (age 5) loves to be able to just grab a few to take to school for snack.



1 comment:

  1. These are in the oven as I type... My little girl who is almost 5 had so much fun helping prepare these. Can't wait for them to come out of the oven! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete