Sunday, January 20, 2013

Creamy Shrimp Alfredo-low calorie but high on taste

This is one of my families favorite recipes.  I adapted it from a kraft recipe we got a long time ago.

500g noodles I used speghetti noodles today but you can use any kind
1 lb uncooked shrimp
3 cloves minced garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup cream cheese (I use low cal but this recipe is low calorie either way)
250 ml chicken broth
1/4 cup parmasean cheese
1 tbsp parsley

I bring a pot of water to a boil on high.  Then I add the noodles and whatever veggie I decide to use today it was peas sometimes I add brocolli or califlower.

In a pan on medium heat I add the chicken broth and shrimp then when the shrimp is cooked I add the cream cheese, parmasean cheese and parsley.  Once everything is cooked I drain the noodles and veggies then pour the sauce in.  Super easy, super yummy and super low cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment