Friday, January 18, 2013

Crunchy Honey Garlic Chicken

 This recipe turned out so delicious!  I found it on pinterest at www.nlrockrecipes.com.  I adapted it for my family and I will definitely be making it again. First I put the following ingredients in a pie plate:
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp ground sage
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes


Then I mixed them all together with a fork.
 In a second pie plate I mixed:

1 egg and 5 tbsp water
 I sliced 2 chicken breasts each in half through the middle so I had 2, half inch thick pieces then I put the breasts one at a time into the flour mixture and covered them completely.  Then I dipped the breast in the egg mixture then again in the flour mixture.  Cook the chicken breasts on medium heat in about an 1/4 inch of canola oil.  Cook each side for 4 minutes.
 Meanwhile make a sauce in a pot on med-low heat of 1/8 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup honey and 1 tbsp garlic powder.  Also get a pot of water boiling for your noodles.
 This is my chicken frying.
 And here it is done.

 Once your water is boiling throw in some rice noodles.  I get these at the ethnic food isle of the grocery store.  I mixed my sauce with the noodles after they were strained and served the chicken on top.  Next time I think I will boil some snow peas up with the noodles or even brocolli it would be really yummy.

 My entire family loved this dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment