Friday, September 18, 2015

Canned peaches

Canning season is upon us.  Today my beautiful fiery red head helped me can peaches.  I got the hot water going for boiling the jars.  I put the empty jars in my oven at 200 to keep them warm.  I got a pot of water on low with the lids in them and got another pot of water boiling to put the peaches in.  I then filled up the kitchen sink with cold water.
After all that prep I boiled the peaches for 30 seconds to 1 min then dumped them in the cold sink water.  My beautiful helper pealed the peaches and then I sliced them.  Once I had a bunch sliced I got my tea kettle going with hot water and took some jars out of the oven and filled them with peaches, less than 1/4 cup sugar and boiling water.  Then I dried off the rims of the jars and put the lids on.  Then boiled the jars in a hot water bath in my canner for 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment